SUBTERRANEAN TRANSMISSIONS -
is an inhuman energy, way of transformation so-called “reality”.
As we try to go beyond conditional factors, our personal individualities
2. When you're talking to some new peoples during gigs or festivals, and they don't know your band, how do you describe your music so they can have an idea?
The answer is above. Usually people get the energy during live sets intuitively, the meaning is more situated in a non-verbal space.
3. The band was initially called The Moon Mistress, until 2014 when you decided to change of name for DEKONSTRUKTOR. What are the differences between the music released under the two names, was the change of moniker synonymous with a quite strong musical change?
Moon Mistress there would not be Dekonstruktor definitely and we
still perform songs from the Moon Mistress era.
4. The newer name Dekonstruktor has a quite strong introspective and industrial tone, and it sounds quite brutal. Are you involved in activities such as meditation, introspection? Do you enjoy visiting the old factories in Russia to smell the rusty iron and embrace the old industrial moods? What were the ideas/ concepts behind the choice of this name?
Some of us
practice meditations. We enjoy visiting industrial locations, they
are strong sources of inspiration for Dekonstruktor, and these
landscapes are worth visiting not only in Russia of course. We did
it during tours also.
5. Your first recordings under the Dekonstruktor moniker were very doomy and dark, it surprisingly reminded me of very early GODFLESH ("Streetcleaner"). Was the Godflesh influence volunteer, as you might be big fans, or was it a coincidence due to common influences for example? (In case this description was a bit misplaced, which other bands would you quote as possible big influences then?)
You may be
will be surprised, but we are not big fans of Godflesh. Skullflower
and Scorn are closer to us if mention the British scene. We can
also name Saturnalia Temple - Aion of Drakon, Hey Colossus - Dominant
Male and Ride for Revenge works as our joint fave releases.
6. While maintaining a doomy basis, your newer songs tend to evolve in other more "open minded" spectrums, one can find some black metal, some kraut rock there, and more typically "psyche" elements on the top... Was it an "effort" to avoid repetitiveness or it simply follows your musical evolution as listeners? Do you consider yourselves as a metal band? Do you feel closer to the metal, industrial or "experimental" scenes?
description one can say, thank you. There wasn’t any special effort
to be not as others, it is natural drift of affairs which lead to
the current situation. The Moon Mistress was more into stoner doom
stuff, but Dekonstruktor is acid metal.
7. Is Dekonstruktor a political band?
8. What is the most interesting or useful to deconstruct? A human personality, a modern society, a problem that must be solved?
We are attracted
by deconstruction process itself. Fuck life we go further.
9. What do you think about these albums?
- Streetcleaner: The riffs and the guitar tone are nice, but
as we mentioned, we're not fans.
10. Living in the west of Europe, I have the feeling the metal scene improved a lot the last couple of years... While 15-20 years ago you had some old fashioned bands that weren't always cool, nowadays you have very cool bands in the old death metal and doom genres... What is your view about it? Could it come from the fact Russia is in a better economic situation compared to 15 years ago? Or perhaps Russia is now more "modern"/ opened to the remaining of the world?
In 90-s there
were original bands here, from black metal to noise rock and industrial,
the sound was not ok at all in many cases but nevertheless they
were fucking intense: Himera, Orgasm Nostradamusa, Hladna, Sekta
Feniksa, Grazhdanskaya Oborona, Forest, Branikald, Old Wainds.
11. What do you know about France? What is your view about the french metal scene?
had travelled through south of France this May, according to him
it is the place for any kinds of hedonistic pleasures. Obviously,
he had spent good times there hah.
12. Now let's talk about your playlists... What do you listen to the most lately? Are you mostly into old (cult) or newer releases?
"Merzbow & Nordvargr - Luxon" and "AFX
- .1993841" - these recordings has been listened during last
2 months often
13. What are the next projects of DEKONSTRUKTOR? Something special to announce to the readers? It's the right moment... Thanks for the answers.
This year Dekonstruktor is going to release live cassette - two full Ukrainian gigs were recorded in a good quality and the atmosphere was insane there. Also we are going to make a tour in Europe (first time after 2014) in the beginning of 2019, so all the interested organizers are welcome. Thank you for the interview.
Web page: https://www.facebook.com/DEKONSTRUKTORzero