WARMONGER/ THRASH METAL FROM ITALY
1. Hello ! How do you do? Before all I'll ask you to drink a couple of beers (if possible a pack of beer) before answering this interview! Once you are ready, thanks to the spread the voice of the golden BEER!
Ricky: Hi G., here is Ricky “Beermaniac” from Warmonger, and I’m fine!!!
2. Tell us when your passion for BEER began! What was your first contact with the mighty golden liquid of heaven, and about the first time you were really drunk! Who introduced you to the mighty beer? Did that happen as a coincidence?
My passion for BEER began not so much time ago… I think six or seven years ago, even if I knew her 12 years ago. As you may know, at that time all type of alcohol is accepted! The goal is obviously to get the more drunk you can… And I don’t remember when it really was!!! I just know that the true passion for BEER started again when I got in touch with my friend Carlo “Alcohol”, a 32 years old Thrasher… We got drunk together for two weeks!!!
3.Tell us few of the more crazy things you did when you were too damn drunk!
Usually when I got drunk the first things that come into my mind is to listen to Metal and have sex with pretty girls!!!! I can remember that many times I can be a drunken asshole annoying metal girls with my overwhelming sex desire, but for example one time I was at a very wild Thrash party with many friends, full of BEER, vomit and also some pretty metal girls… and when I got totally drunk I fell in bed with one of them!!!! It was fantastic…..
4.Do you often play gigs and do you drink many BEER during gigs?! Are the BEERS an essential element for your band? Are you able to kick the barman's fat bottom when you are too drunk? Hu??
When we play live with Warmonger I usually drink a lot of BEERS before, during and after the gig. Sometimes I went to the stage really drunk.. and that was a problem. It’s always a problem for me to get to the stage totally sober! As you may know we are about to come out with a 7” called “BEERMANIAC”!!!!!!!! One time at a gig in Vicenza I kicked the ass of the other guitarplayer and singer of my band.. Wath a drunken night!! (Sorry Marzio!!!)
5. Did you ever refuse playing a gig because no BEERS was given for free to the bands?
Since now free BEER was always given in limited quantity to the band.
6. What do you say to the metallers who aren't drunken enough during your gigs? Do you threaten them with a big pack of BEERr? Or maybe Vodka?
Usually we launc full packs of BEER to the metal people at our gigs, when we play the song “BEERMANIAC”!
7. Are you rather for or against hachich and other kinds of drugs? It's well known all those who smoke or use anything else than BEER do not drink enough BEER!! So a decline of BEER sales can be felt! Uh!!! FUCKING ALCOHOLIC DAMNATION!!
7.I have to say that sometimes I smoke hascisch and marihuana, and I drink A LOT of BEERS!!!!!!!
8. What's your opinion about metallers and musicians who spend more time drinking BEER than listening to metal and rehearse? Are they real alcoholic supporters of the MIGHTY GOLDEN BEER??!
I think that they are true supporters of the BEERTHRASHING INVASION!!!!!!!!!!
9. If you had the alcoholic opportunity, would you change your daily job to go and work in a brewery? You could work in a matter you are really interested in, and the golden fumes of hot 'n sweat hops would tease your mind from 8 A.M to 5 P.M!! Hu!! And I think those who work in breweries often have BEERS FOR FREE!! Some of them even try the new beers to determine if the BEERS are BEER ENOUGH!!! UUUUHHHH!!!
You’re surely right!!!!! It’s the fucking dream job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. What's the best BEER you ever drunk?
I think that I have seen ALL the Beer-temples in Europe! German’s Weissbier, Irish Guinness and Kilkenny, Prague’s Pilsener and last but not least Italian’ Menabrea!!! You have to try it!!!!! But I think that the best beer I’ve drunk is Andechs Bier, made in Bavaria by the fucking monks!!!!!!
11. The worst one? Ever tried a chinese BEER?
Unfortunely here in Italy there are many shit-beers, as nastro azzurro or others not to mention… Yes, I tried Chinese BEER and I think it’s crap…
12. When I listen to the voice of the golden BEER and play a cool as fuck classic album of CELTIC FROST! "Into the pandemonium" for exemple, it seems obvious to me they were into BEER! Both the mood, the way the riffs sound the all the "HHHHHHUUUuuuuuu" and "Héhéhé!!" of Thomas G Warrior sound Damn alcoholic and full of Beer metal!! Do you have the same feeling towards this cult album?
Yes, also according to me Tom and the others are into BEER! But the Celtic Frost album more into BEER it’s Emoeror’s Return!! A really drunken album…
13. Some bands playing kinds of music like Doom, sludge, stoner or drown claim to be INTO THE BEER! While on one hand one could find in their music the decomposing side of the hot hops emerging from the mighty golden liquid and materializing as a very cool tastes in your mouth, on the other hand they do not have the energy of the mighty BEER!! This mighty energy of metal that explodes and crushes everything on its path!! So what kind of berzerk is that? Should we menace them all and ask them to stop using the mighty BEER SYMBOL OF DEATH? Should we threat them to death since they aren't real BEER METAL maniacs? Tell us what your BEER thinks about it! Uh!!
I think that slow music just as you describe it it’s just like “Hangover music”… Like when after tons of alcohol and hours you get slower and slower… when playing guitar after heavy drunkness the only band I can play very well is Black Sabbath!!! But BEER METAL never finishes its energy!!!!! Just look at TANKARD play live!!!! TRUE ALCOHOLIC BEER AGGRESSION!!!!!
14. Do you think real old school metal can be composed without any beer in the veins? Some bands use hash, some are naturally big nervous bastard, and they play impressive brutal music... but is it the same METAL feeling full of GODDAMNED BEER INVASION??
I cannot answer to this question ‘cause I never composed songs without the influence of BEER!
15. On the other band, some bands drink too many BEERS and they aren't able to play... What would you advice them? More BEER anyway?? To stop metal? To play 'light water polka' or 'Scoobidoo & froot loops' pop rock?
These bands should learn to drink and play or stop their metal!!!!
16. Are you into DARK ANGEL? When listening to their music, it's alcoholicly obvious they were into BEER, BRUTALITY and METAL! What about creating a new project called BEER ANGEL with cool song titles like BEERNESS DESCENDS, THE BURNING OF ALCOHOL, MERCILESS BEER, BEER IS CERTAIN (LIFE IS NOT), PERISH IN BEER, HUNGER OF THE BEERLESS, BEER PROPHECIES... That would be full of BEER!!!
16.I think that the correct title of that song were “ BEER IS CERTAIN (WATER IS NOT)”!!!! hail to the mighty Dark Angel!!!!!
17. Do you think happy sounding and gay "Metal bands" like CRADLE OF FILTH drink beer???
Barkeepers should deny the BEER if those fucking posers ask it!!! Sobriety for life for these stupid motherfuckers!!!!!!!
18. If there wasn't BEER, what would there be??
There would be JAEGERMEISTER!!!!!!!
19. BEER METAL sounds like a cool kind of alcoholic metal! Which band would better fit this golden monicker in your opinion?
Obviously TANKARD!!! Which other band to the world is so devoted to BEER METAL?!?! Just look to Gerre! He’s a BEER prophet of THRASH!!!!!!!
20. What's your opinion about other alcoholics kinds of music that has nothing to do with metal?? Do you like some of it because of it's BEER edge?
The most alcoholic genre of music is absolutely Metal! Starting from AC/DC and finishing with NAPALM DEATH!
21. Since warming traditional meats like Sauerkraut or big old school sausages should definitely be eaten with a lot of BEER, do you consider these old school killer meats like metal? What's the most metal food in your opinion?
Absolutely yes, I totally agree with you! Also eating big beef steaks with potatoes is good for drinking BEER!
22. What's the best pleasure: Brutal music, brutal BEER or brutal fuck?
Very difficult question… I think the best is a good drunken fuck listening to “Obsessed by Cruelty” of bthe gods SODOM!!!!!!!!!!
us your opinion about:
24. Ha! Here's the final alcoholic question, it's time for you to say what's needed to conclude in BEER!Thanks for spreading the voice of the golden BEER! Greetz!
Thanks to you Gab, and try Menabrea BEER! Look out for the WARMONGER 7” BEERMANIAC,an alcoholic tribute to BEER INFLUENCED SEX!!!! ALCOHOLIC THRASHING MADNESS to all of you!!!!